Sunday, July 22, 2018


OH NO!  NOT AGAIN
ANAPHYLACTIC EPISODE #51

Had a shock episode last night.  Maybe a walnut.  It has been a while.  This one did not put me in the hospital but was painful.  I am recovering today.  Didn't use the Epi-Pen.  Nevertheless, took all the meds and it just slows me down the next day.
Here are the symptoms of anaphylaxis:
  • Trouble speaking or hoarseness
  • Wheezing & difficulty breathing
  • Tight throat
  • Swollen throat, tongues and lips
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Increased heartbeat
  • Dizziness and anxiety
  • Nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
  • Itchy skin that swells, tingles or hives

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I started having idiopathic anaphylaxis about two years ago and just wanted you to know I’m reading and I understand what you’re going through. I’ve had 7 episodes now, all except for one have been in the last year. My most recent episode was unusually intense, and I’ve been having more mild “left over” symptoms for days. Days!

    I’m experimenting with diet now and haven been for about six months. Wish me luck!

    Since you haven’t posted in a while, I’m hoping it means you’ve been without episodes for nearly a year. No news is good news, right? Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had 2 in the last 2 weeks. Making it 54 times! I hope you find the cause. Giving up red meat helped. They may be giving penicillin to cows butchered for food. I am very allergic to penicillin. Keep in touch. Thanks for writing on the blog. Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.